Setting up the Passenger Phusion for Apache - missing gems

Hello
I was trying to run sequenceserver with passenger phusion (5.0) under apache2 with ruby 1.9.3 but I was getting errors about missing gems. The passenger phusion error pages were telling me the following packages such as rack-test,rspec,rake,rubocop,capybara,and capybara-webkit, but I failed at capybara-webkit due to a missing Qt. Is there any workaround? I was able to run the standalone server just fine.

Thanks
-Colin

Hey Colin,

The packages you mentioned are development dependencies and aren’t required unless you wish to develop and test the program locally. There are two ways to avoid this error, both of which are duly addressed in the README.1

Let us know if none of them works out.

Thanks,
Vivek

Hey Colin,

Try remove Gemfile.lock and then running bundle install --without=development. Reload the app and see if that works.

– Priyam

Hi that seemed to work!

I forgot to mention that I had originally just installed sequenceserver (1.0.2) with “gem install sequenceserver”.

Nevertheless, once I ran the command “bundle install --without=development” inside the gems folder, then it was fine to load.

I was also wondering, is there a way to specify the location of the config file when running from passenger?

Thanks
-Colin

Change SequenceServer.init line in config.ru to SequenceServer.init :config_file => /path/to/config_file and restart.

– Priyam