Ox::ParseError bug?

Hi,

I encountered a bug when searching 2 sequence databases simultaneously using tblastn. When I search each of the two databases individually, it works fine.
The error output is below.

Best regards,

Tomas

Hello Tomas,

You should be able to avoid this issue by ensuring sequence ids are unique across all databases. Ensuring ids are unique across all databases also makes SequenceServer’s FASTA downloading capability more robust. For antgenomes.org, we ensure add a 4 letter species prefix to each scaffold.

In 1.1.0 stable we will probably show a more informative error message to the user (something like above). However, the ideal would be to identify and prevent non-unique ids during setup. This is a bit more involved and I will appreciate any input from the community (like with the stop codon bug).

Priyam

Hi Tomas,

I am not able to reproduce this issue for the 1.1.0 beta releases using the test dataset described in this thread. Could you check too, using the latest beta release (1.1.0-beta10)? If the problem persists, please could you send me a query and database sequence to be able to reproduce the issue?

Kind regards,
Priyam

Hi,

I tested it and posted the result to the github issue: https://github.com/wurmlab/sequenceserver/issues/194

Best,

Tomas

Yup. Got it. Thanks!

Priyam