Firefox 23.0.1 does not show SS results

Hello SequenceServers,

I started getting emails from my group members about not getting results. They use Windows/Firefox. My version of Firefox (22) ran fine, but as soon as I upgraded, results are no longer displayed. When you press the Blast button, the turning wheel comes up, and after a while the page refreshes to show the input page again (with the sequence and blast database selection).

I upgraded to SS 0.8.5 and restarted the server, but that didn’t help. The server log doesn’t show any problems, so I’m assuming something crucial changed in Firefox.
Any suggestions? I’m not looking forward to manually downgrading FF on al the group computers :wink:

Thanks!

-Jeltje

Hi Jeltje,

Thanks for the report.

Can I ask what operating system you are using? I’m not having any problems using seqserv 0.8.5 and firefox 23 (Ubuntu seems to only be on v23, not 23.0.1 yet).

Thanks,
ben

Hi Ben,

I’ve only tried Windows (7 and XP). My Ubuntu FF doesn’t get upgraded (I’m running v20) and has no issues.
SS results displayed on XP/FF22. As soon as I upgraded (I ran the same blast), results were no longer shown.

Thanks!

-Jeltje

Hi Jeltje,

OK, thanks for that. I’ve opened a bug report here on the issue, hopefully to get fixed soon - this one is a bit of a showstopper.
https://github.com/yannickwurm/sequenceserver/issues/111

Thanks,
ben

For those interested - it turns out that Jetltje’s issue was a server-side problem beyond his control - and thus not an issue with seqserv.

Cheers
yannick