Deploying SequenceServer problem

Hi! I have installed SequenceServer on the server of my lab, and it works fine when the server is running SequenceServer, (I mean, when I open the terminal and put $ sequence server, the website works fine) but when the server isn’t running the program I cannot access the website, the error that shows ups is

Error Code 10061: Connection refused, and I try to follow the instructions on the website but when I get to the Deploying SequenceServer I get lost, I don’t know in which file I should put this code, trying, I put it on the apache2.conf but it doesn’t work. I have review the firewall and allow the port 4567 to be open but still. Is not a networking problem because I can access to other webpages on the sameserver. Can you please help? I would really appreciate it.

Hey Regina,

On Ubuntu based servers that code goes into some file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ directory, say /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/my-blast-site.

Then you restart apache: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

If things went fine, SequenceServer should be accessible in browser at localhost. Not localhost:4567.

– Priyam

– Priyam

But in the case that I don’t want the sequence server to be on the localhost, I want to put it on Sub URI then what should I put on the part of /var/www/sequenceserver

how do I do this part? because on /var/www there isn’t a file call sequenceserver. The instructions on that part aren’t clear, please help

I try doing the way you indicate me but still I can’t access the sequenceserver webpage without running it first. I have change the part of /home/yeban/src/sequenceserver/public

for the path where there is public folder inside a sequenceserver folder, but is not showing the page :frowning:

Hey Regina,

I agree the instructions on Apache deployment are not very clear. It’s a bit outdated too. I’m sorry about that. A part of the reason is that I don’t use Apache setup myself, so I never get around to perfecting it.

I think it would be best if you can follow the instructions from Passenger’s official documentation - https://www.phusionpassenger.com/documentation/Users%20guide%20Apache.html#deploying_rack_to_sub_uri

Their documentation mentions “PATH TO YOUR APPLICATION’S PUBLIC DIRECTORY”. To find that, first run “gem env” in the command line. In the output you will find a section called GEM PATHS. Take the first entry of that - generally /var/lib/gems/1.9.1 on Ubuntu. Then /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/sequenceserver-1.0.4/public is the path to seqserv’s public directory.

– Priyam